In Legends of Equestria, players may own several pets that will follow them around and be loyal companions. At present, pets are purely for aesthetic purposes. However, future pets may have functional uses as well, such as helping the player pick up nearby items. Earth ponies will be the only race that can earn pet-related Talent marks, in turn unlocking special abilities for their pets (most notably Combat).As of OAR, six commands are available to command one's pet.
Which two of them are available to all ponies.
- Sit causes one's pet to stay seated in a single position.
- Follow undoes the sit command, allowing the pet to follow the player normally.
- Assist allows the pet to use it's abilities in heat of combat.
- Passive enables the pet to not retaliate against enemies that are currently attacking the player.
- Aggressive enables the pet to retaliate against enemies currently attacking the player.
- Attack causes the pet to attack another player or mob that is targeted by the player. Pets can deliver limited damage to an opponent but can perish in combat.
As of OAR, four different pets are available, and can only be obtained from completing specific quests. A list of pets are shown below:
|Image||Name||Special abilities||Obtained from|
|Dog||none||Dog Egg from completing the Intensive Carrot Unit quest|
|Bunny||none||Rabbit Egg from completing the Dust and Bunnies quest|
|Kitty Cat||none||Cat Egg from completing the Mindless Violins quest|
|Turtle||none||Turtle Egg during the One Pet in the Hoof quest|