Ponydale is the starter town for earth ponies. It is a small town with many cottage-like buildings featuring thick straw roofs. The silhouette of Cantermore castle is visible in the distance if one looks towards the mountains. A train station that allows transportation to either Cantermore or the Crystal Kingdom can be found to the west of Ponydale.
Places of interestEdit
Sweet Apple OrchardEdit
Sweet Apple Orchard is an apple farm just a short walk away from Ponydale. Although mainly apples are grown in this farm, carrots and other crops are cultivated as well. Low-levelled Bunnies are scattered about in the back field making it a good place for new players to train up their combat talent.
Sugarcane Corner is a confectionery shop located in the heart of Ponydale. Its unique gingerbread-frosted roof makes it a distinct landmark among the straw-roofed cottages in the town. Players may enter the building, which serves mainly as a gathering point for groups. Various music from the Brony community is played as the location's soundtrack.
The Gem Mines is a cave system accessible from the northeastern edge of the town. Luminescent crystals and gems litter the tunnels, providing faint illumination. Low-levelled Husky Diamond Dogs can be found patrolling the mine, making this place an ideal location for new players training combat.
The town hallEdit
Ponydale's town hall is the most iconic building within Ponydale, rising above most other structures in the vicinity. Other than being a landmark to aid players in local navigation, the town hall holds no other purpose.
The Boutique is a building which serves as both living quarters and a clothing store. While only the upper level containing the bedroom is accessible, the merchant NPC Marvell can be found within selling socks.
Ponydale Library can be found in the northwestern region of the town. The structure is built directly into a large tree, with a bedroom on the upper level. Open books can be found on the ground floor, though they are blank. A stairway leads to the basement level, which is blocked off by a locked door.
The Park can be found on the east side of Ponydale. Dancer can be found here giving out dandelions which he picked from the ground.
- Foal Life Consequences is given by Frizzy Stradlin outside the Ponydale Schoolhouse just west of Sugarcane Corner. (broken)
- Supplying the Hospital is given by Nurse Coldhoof, who is outside the hospital in southwest Ponydale.
- Dandelion Tamer is given by Maplesweet outside the flower shop across the street from Sugarcane Corner.
- Good Egg is given by Silver Platter inside Sugarcane Corner.
- Dust and Bunnies is given by Polly Poppet, across the river east of Ponydale.
- Mindless Violins is given by Midnight Breeze, who is under a tree near the Ponydale Schoolhouse.
- Strawberry Fields is another quest given by Silver Platter inside Sugarcane Corner. (broken)
- Beep, Beep Delivery is also given by Silver Platter. (broken)
- The full list of NPCs can be found at List of NPCs
|Buttercup||Chef Linguine||Dancer||Frizzy Stradlin||Gomi|
|Merchant; sells clothing and all tiers of armor||Involved in Supplying the Hospital||Involved in Chlorophiliac, Dandelion Tamer and Foal Life Consequences||Involved in Foal Life Consequences||Involved in Beep, Beep Delivery|
|Granny Grey||Maplesweet||Mercury||Midnight Breeze||Nurse Coldhoof|
|Involved in Beep, Beep Delivery||Involved in Dandelion Tamer and Foal Life Consequences||Involved in Intensive Carrot Unit and Mindless Violins||Involved in Mindless Violins||Involved in Supplying the Hospital|
|Polly Poppet||Sawbuck||Tonic||Vogue Sharp||Wanda Percent|
|Involved in Dust and Bunnies and Foal Life Consequences||Involved in Beep, Beep Delivery||Involved in Supplying the Hospital||Involved in Intensive Carrot Unit||Involved in Intensive Carrot Unit and Mindless Violins|
|Involved in Mindless Violins and Removing Cookies and Browsing Data||Involved in Shown Their Work|
- In early versions of the game, a Pac-Man like game could be accessed by entering a well near Sugarcane Corner. A pegasus racing game involving hoops was also present. Both minigames have been removed as they have been deemed nonessential for core gameplay.
- Between Open Server Events 8 and 9, the map orientation for Ponydale was rotated 180 degrees. Previously, the river was on the north and west and the railroad on the east.
- The gallery archive can be found here.
|Locations in Equestria|